Free member activities & guides
Once you are a member you are welcome to take part in the many free in-person and on-line activities and workshops we offer covering a wide range of interests, including:
- Practical activities: reading and writing, cooking, sewing, gardening, IT skills
- Wellbeing activities: walking groups, mindfulness & meditation
- Creative activities: art, music, drama, choir and creative writing
- Group-work: mental health, discussion groups, film-chat and focus groups
- On line How-to-guides: on things like setting up an email address, doing an internet search and accessing on line courses
Whether you are looking to improve your confidence, make new friends, increase your employability or meet some other personal need, our community provides opportunities to learn new skills and socialise, receive support and have fun in a friendly, safe environment.
You can find our latest programme here or call 0131 225 3626 to find out more about what is currently on offer. We also email out a Bulletin at least every week, the latest being May 2022 with the up-to-date news, events and information about classes and opportunities.
Every month we hold a members meeting, during which we discuss how things are going, news and developments. Ideas for new activities and events are raised and considered at these meetings, and every member is warmly encouraged to come along to find out what’s happening and have their say.
If you would like to access Minutes from Members Meetings, useful information and how-to-guides from our members info page click here
If you would like to talk to someone to find out more, or to decide whether you would like to join, please get in touch! Tel: 0131 225 3626 option 1, email: email@example.com or drop in to the Grassmarket Centre, 86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QA.