- Richard FrazerDirector, ChairRichard FrazerDirector, ChairRichard has been minister at Greyfriars Kirk in Edinburgh since 2003 and is founder and Chair of the Grassmarket Community Project. He is also Convenor of the Church of Scotland’s Church and Society Council. He has a longstanding interest in enabling people to flourish regardless of their background and has a passion for social justice and finding alternative pathways towards a viable and humane economy that includes rather than excludes and enables people and the planet to thrive. He has an interest in and has written on agriculture and pilgrimage walking and loves to cook, build and garden. He is married to Kate a counsellor and psychoanalyst and they have three grown up children.
- Jayne ChappellSocial Enterprise DirectorJayne ChappellSocial Enterprise Director
Jayne has over 17 years of experience in the social enterprise sector, and is currently Finance & Development Manager with Social Enterprise Network Scotland. In addition to overseeing the finances for the organisation, she also co-facilitates the Employability SEN, a national network of over 250 social enterprises that deliver employability outcomes. In this wide-ranging role Jayne supports, promotes and connects social enterprises; raises awareness of their contribution to Scotland’s employability landscape and consults with and represents members’ interests. She believes social enterprises are the foundation for a fairer, more inclusive Scotland and is proud to be part of that community.
- Nicky FindlayTreasurer DirectorNicky FindlayTreasurer DirectorWith over 30 years’ experience in various accounting and finance roles, Nicky is currently working as Head of Finance & Estates at a special needs school locally and prior to that had spent eight years working at a specialist alcohol & drugs charity based in Aberdeen. Nicky has also worked within the oil & gas and service sectors in various finance and management roles. In 2006, after a career change, she completed an MSc in Property Economics and undertook academic research for a further year. She hopes to put to use her skills and experience as a GCP Trustee, in supporting the team at this very exciting time in the future development of the organisation.
- Jo ElliotDirectorJo ElliotDirectorJo was chief executive of the Edinburgh merchant bank Quayle Munro between 2002 and 2007, having joined the firm in 1983. He now holds a number of non-executive appointments in the arts, education and social care, including Session Clerk of Greyfriars Kirk and a trustee of Greyfriars Charteris Centre SCIO; a director of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra; a trustee of St Mary’s Music School; chair of the endowment fund for the Edinburgh International Festival; and finance convener of Crossreach. Until 2018 he was also vice chair of Court of the University of Dundee.
- Sandy FinlaysonDirectorSandy FinlaysonDirectorSandy is one of the founding partners of MBM Commercial LLP. He was senior partner of the firm until 2015, is now retired but continues to work as a consultant for the firm on a part-time basis in an ambassadorial and advisory role. He is a non-executive director of African Lakes Company Limited and is the chairman of the Converge Challenge, which is a company creation competition and entrepreneurship development programme for staff, students and recent graduates of Scottish universities and research institutes aimed at creating a new generation of entrepreneurs in Scotland. Sandy was awarded an OBE in 2017 for his services to entrepreneurship.
- Joanne MacDougallDirectorJoanne MacDougallDirectorOur newest Board Member, joining us in September 2018, Joanne is a communications professional with more than 15 years’ experience in both the public and private sector. Previously working on a number of internal and external campaigns for the City of Edinburgh Council, Joanne currently manages the marketing, PR and communications for Hub South East - a development partner delivering community infrastructure in partnership with public sector bodies in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Scottish Borders. Through this work, Joanne lead fundraising efforts to handover more than £40,000 to GCP and has since been a great advocate and supporter of our work. Joanne is married to Ramsay and has a nine year old son, seven year old daughter and two yappy miniature schnauzers.
- Helene van der PloegDirectorHelene van der PloegDirector
Helene has been in catering and hospitality throughout her career, running her own ventures and specialising in start-ups and contract mobilisations for commercial and social enterprises. She completed a Masters Gastronomy 3 years ago with Distinction, focusing on sustainable food procurement in local authorities.
Now the Business Manager for SPACE & Broomhouse Hub tasked with developing the social enterprises. Her focus is on food as that vital connector, to engage with the community, and work towards reducing food poverty, social isolation, and mental health issues. It is fantastic to be able to bring this passion to GCP and share in the development of this amazing organisation.
- Elaine CrichtonBoard ObserverElaine CrichtonBoard ObserverElaine currently oversees the Pro Bono programme with Inspiring Scotland, a pioneering Venture Philanthropy organization who works closely with 210 charities across 10 social impact funds. In her dual role Elaine is also a Performance Adviser working on the Thrive Outdoors fund, which aims to give Scotland’s children the best possible start in life through access to outdoor play. Prior to joining Inspiring Scotland Elaine spent over 25 years in fund management most recently with Kames Capital managing a £1bn North American equity portfolio. Elaine holds NED positions at Greyfriars Kirk, the Church of Scotland Investment Trust. And is a Trustee with The Miss Agnes Hunter Trust. In her spare time Elaine is involved in curling, and is currently an office bearer with two curling clubs.
- James HouldsworthMember Representative, Board ObserverJames HouldsworthMember Representative, Board Observer
James has been a member of the Grassmarket Community Project for 7 years. He joined following undergoing numerous operations and facing health issues on the advice of his GP. James is a member of GCP’s Members Steering Group who provide support to our Board, CEO and Service Manager and provide a voice for our members ensuring their needs, concerns and feedback are at the heart of what we do. He volunteers in our literacy classes, our Open Book and Creative writing as well as being an active member of our walking groups and Community Choir. James came away with the members and staff last year and walked the West Highland Way (98 Miles from Glasgow to Fort William). He is an avid reader, gardener and walker and now in the second year of his term as our Board Member Rep.
Senior Management Team
- Jonny KinrossChief Executive OfficerJonny KinrossChief Executive Officer
A former Social Worker, Youth Worker and Outdoor Instructor, prior to becoming CEO of the GCP, Jonny founded My Adventure, Edinburgh’s leading adventure company and youth social enterprise. He is a trustee of the Edinburgh Social Enterprise Network and was previously on the board of Streetfit Scotland. Jonny is passionate about social justice and seeks innovative social enterprise opportunities and cross-sector partnerships to change the lives of the most vulnerable in society. He sings in the Project Choir, occasionally leads the walking group and loves getting away with members whenever he can to enjoy their company, the community and the natural world. Jonny is continually inspired by the members, what they share with him, the challenges they overcome, how much they appreciate GCP and the difference it makes to their lives. He is also in awe of the committed and talented staff and volunteer team that deliver such high quality experiences for members and customers.
Jonny was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Edinburgh in 2018 for charitable work and his innovative use of business to serve communities, and was highly commended as a Social Enterprise Champion by Social Enterprise Scotland in 2019.
- Catherine JonesSocial Enterprise DirectorCatherine JonesSocial Enterprise DirectorCatherine was Deputy General Manager at Edinburgh Zoo for 16 years, with responsibility for dozens of restaurants and kiosks, managing multi-million pound budgets and serving one of Scotland’s largest visitor attractions. Following this she was training manager for Macdonalds across multiple stores. Catherine manages the largest team at GCP, many of whom have support needs. She nurtures talent many employers ignore. Her team were integral to the success of the GCP receiving Scottish Enterprise of the Year Scotland and Best Performing Business awards.
- Mike RedgraveService ManagerMike RedgraveService Manager
Mike came to us after gaining many years’ experience of working with people in residential and community settings having managed the outreach team at Waverley Care for over 8 years working with adults with HIV and Hepatitis C.
Mike also worked in a throughcare setting where he supported young people moving from residential care to living independently in the community. Prior to working in social care Mike worked for many years in various engineering roles and spent 11 years working and living in South Africa.
Outside of work Mike’s interests include watching football and spending time in the kitchen where he loves cooking curries for family and friends. Any other spare time he has is taken up with his wife, children and 3 grandchildren.
Andrea Gibson Pre Apprentice (Woodwork)
Carlie Hunter, Catering Assistant
Chris Turnbull, Chef
Donna Hamilton, Catering Shift Runner
Eve Ireland, Catering Assistant
Gillian Couper, Fundraiser
Graham Burnett, Volunteer Co-ordinator
Hazel Reid, Finance Administrator
Jack Proudfoot, Facilities Assistant
Jamie Conlon, Pre Apprentice (Catering)
Jane Kelman, Finance Officer
Janie Conlon, Catering Supervisor
Jon Slight, Woodwork Manager
Kevin Gould, Head Chef
Lee Stevendale, Workshop Assistant
Lorna McMahon, Catering Supervisor
Lyndsey Gilmerton, Catering Shift Runner
Marta Aspe Fernandez, Textiles Social Enterprise Manager
Morgan Gilday, Choir Teacher
Nick Shepherd, Literacy Tutor
Sara-Jane Robertson, Catering Supervisor
Steven Meek, Pre Apprentice (Catering)
Steven Thorburn, Facilities Assistant
Susan Harper, (Temporary) Wood Workshop Manager
Tomas Dedek, Music & Guitar Tutor
Tristan Ewing, Pre Apprentice (Woodwork)