The Grassmarket Community Project is an Edinburgh based charity that supports vulnerable adults. We are recruiting a finance officer to help us manage the increasing complexity, size and breadth of our operations including an activity programme 7 days a week and 5 social enterprises.
The post is 12 hours a week – which should reflect the priorities of the business over the month and year and to meet deadlines balanced with the successful candidates wider family and work commitments.
Apply before Friday 7th July and join our dynamic team and become part of an award winning outwardly looking social enterprise and charity.
Job Title: Finance Officer/Accountant
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours & Salary: 12 hours per week £16 phr (sub contracted – invoiced monthly)
Location: Work from Home & be available to attend meetings onsite
86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QA
We are looking for a Finance Officer to take charge of the financial health of our organisation by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements and good practice as well all our responsibilities as a charity.
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure reliable accurate financial records and reports are compiled monthly which assist the CEO and Treasurer to plan and execute spending and measure performance against income targets
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensuring records of financial transactions are kept accurately
• Preparing balance sheets
• Producing management accounts and reports on a regular basis
• Supervising the Administrative Assistant to ensure processing of invoices (overseeing tasks carried out by Administrative Assistant)
You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations within a charitable organisation. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including financial and management accounting and reporting required by the board and CEO. You should also have excellent organisational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for production of management accounts in partnership with our Treasurer providing him with the data and detail he requires to report to our board periodically and make recommendations based on our financial position of appropriate courses of action.
– Supervise and mentor the Administrative Assistant to ensure that all daily transactions are recorded accurately and ledgers are maintained
– Provide detailed information on spend to allow the preparation of balance sheets and forward financial planning
– Update internal systems with financial data
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required by the Treasurer and CEO
– Prepare reports for funders and where applicable ensuring compliance with procedures to ensure funding is granted
– Reconcile bank statements
– Participate in financial audits
– Track bank deposits and payments
– Assist with budget preparation and monitor income and expenditure against the budget.
– Complete monthly payroll for all staff
– Review and implement financial policies
– Part Qualified Accountant with experience within a similar environment – essential
– Proven work experience as a Finance Officer/Accountant or similar role – essential
– Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures – essential
– Experience using SAGE financial software – essential
– Experience using payroll software – essential
– Advanced MS Excel skills – essential
– Knowledge of financial regulations within a charity / social enterprise – desirable
– Sharp time management skills – essential
– Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data – essential
– Experience of trust income reporting and EU funding reporting process – desirable
Please email you CV and a personal statement to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE IS: Friday 7th July
[Note Interviews will be held on 11th July for those shortlisted]