2 x Four hour sessions per week (£15 per hour)
We are recruiting for a Cookery Trainer to work with the members of the project to increase participant’s level of life skills as well as culinary skills.
The Grassmarket Community Project is an award social enterprise providing a unique blend of support and nurture to people who feel disengaged or marginalised.
You will be required to:
• Develop a rapport and robust working relationship with participants
• Construct and deliver a comprehensive and detailed course syllabus
• Actively encourage and develop member commitment and engagement
• Identify and meet member’s learning support needs
• Work with vulnerable adults with a range of learning abilities
• Train members to enhance their life skills, including budgeting, nutrition, meal planning and cooking
Essentials for the role:
• Experience of Community/Adult Education/Training or Group Facilitation
• Ability to work with a wide range of people members/staff/volunteers
• A keen interest in cookery teaching and an understanding of teaching methods
• Demonstrable knowledge of cookery teaching methods
• Available to work evenings and weekends
• Experience of delivering kitchen-based training to an accredited/SQA level
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter setting out how you fit the above person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted up to Wednesday 28th February.
This post has been funded by the Scottish Government and European Union