Reading and Writing Session Worker
One session per week – £45 per 3 hour session on a self employed basis
We are recruiting for a Reading and Writing Session Worker to work with the members of the project to increase participant’s level of literacy.
The Grassmarket Community Project is an award social enterprise providing a unique blend of support and nurture to people who feel disengaged or marginalised.
You will be required to:
• Develop a rapport and robust working relationship with participants
• Construct a comprehensive and detailed reading and writing course syllabus
• Actively encourage and develop member commitment and engagement
• Identify and meet member’s learning support needs
• Work with vulnerable adults with a range of learning abilities
• Train members to enhance their reading and writing skills
Essentials for the role
• Experience of Community/Adult Education/Training or Group Facilitation
• Experience of delivering SVQs
• Ability to work with a wide range of people members/staff/volunteers
• A keen interest in literacy teaching and an understanding of teaching methods
• Knowledge and experience of literacy teaching methods
• Demonstrable knowledge of literacy and the English language
• A passion for working alongside individuals with a diverse range of literacy skills
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter setting out how you fit the person specification to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted up to Friday 12th January.
This post has been funded by the Scottish Government and European Union