Terms and Conditions
Location: 86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh (other locations as required)
Reports to: Office & Building Manager
Annual Leave: Pro-rata equivalent to 20 days annual leave plus 9 days public holidays per annum
Rate of Pay: £8.25/hour
Hours: 9 hours per week, preferably:
One hour per day Mon-Fri lunchtimes
Two hours per day weekend mornings
This post involves supporting the social aims of the Grassmarket Community Project by ensuring and maintaining a high quality, clean, safe and hygienic physical environment. For this role we expect reliability, diligence and attention to detail as well as a ‘can-do’ attitude. The cleanliness and order of the building is critical to the success of the charity.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the organisation on a daily basis.
• To be responsible for the cleaning of the building, including (but not limited to) cleaning toilets, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning internal glass and windows, emptying bins and all other reasonable cleaning requests as required.
• To clean to the frequency and standards set out by the Line Manager and in partnership with other team members as directed.
• To ensure standards and procedures are adhered to.
• To use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically; to inform Line Manager when stocks are low.
• To ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to Line Manager.
• Report to Line Manager any defects seen which are likely to affect security or safety i.e. broken/cracked window etc.
• The cleaner is required to use only approved cleaning materials and in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations.
• To be aware of their responsibilities for Health & Safety of themselves and others.
How to Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and a copy of your CV.
Closing date: Friday 26th February at 5pm.