We’re recruiting a Woodwork Workshop Manager.
£30,000 plus pension – 29 days annual leave plus 2 paid personal Development days per annum.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday 9th September 5pm
see below on how to apply. Please read the following carefully.
Our vision is to create an environment where people can realise their full potential and re-connect with themselves, others and the wider community.
- People feel valued and every person is given dignity.
- People feel cared about and can move towards independent living without feeling abandoned or isolated.
- People can be confident to trust and value their own decisions, overcoming a poverty of expectation and ultimately realising their own potential.
- People can build a life which reduces dependence on others, gaining self-reliance.
- There is a commitment to be involved with individuals, meeting and welcoming them within the local community.
Job Description & Person Specification
Woodwork Social Enterprise
Our woodwork social enterprise is our oldest and most established. We supply furniture commissions to a wide range of customers from the private, public and third sector and to private individuals. Most of our furniture is made using up-cycled wood, mostly church pews which we collect from all over the UK as well as fallen trees or trees felled for development. We make anything the customer requires from lamps, award trophies, chopping boards to shop fits, bars and dining room sets. Our prices range from £20 for a candle holder to £5,000 for one table. Our turnover exceeds over £100k a year and supports a range of vulnerable adults who volunteer daily or once a week, to paid apprentices or people on supported employment.
Woodwork Workshop Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic reliable Furniture Maker & supervisor to assist in the running of our Social Enterprise woodwork workshop. The candidate will have experience in running a woodwork workshop and ideally working with vulnerable adults or adult learners.
Duties will include:
- supporting of vulnerable individuals
- teaching of furniture making skills, health & safety and general woodwork as well as life skills and personal support
- Keeping a safe workshop at all times
- sourcing of new sales outlets and finding new customers
- working with current customers
- sourcing timber for recycling
- Have sufficient experience to be able to manufacture furniture unsupervised to an exceptionally high standard – ESSENTIAL
- Be caring, compassionate and interested in people and developing them to their potential – ESSENTIAL
- Be able to work to meet the demands of customers – ESSENTIAL
- Be able to work with minimum supervision – ESSENTIAL
- Have great customer services skills – ESSENTIAL
- Be friendly and welcoming – ESSENTIAL
- Have good attention to detail – ESSENTIAL
- Be reliable and dependable – ESSENTIAL
- Be able to work on their own and as part of a team – ESSENTIAL
- Be fully flexible – DESIRABLE
- Have competent business skills – DESIRABLE
- Have a clean driving licence – DESIRABLE
- Have CAD or similar experience – DESIRABLE
- Have a furniture making qualification – DESIRABLE
Terms and Conditions
- 35 hour a week contract – 5 days – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- 29 days per annum annual leave (+ 1 day per additional year of employment)
- 2 additional days paid personal development days for personal well-being after 1 years’ service.
- Annual salary of £30,000 plus 3% pension contribution after probationary period
Submit you CV (with photographs of your work but no more than 4 pages)
Plus a personal statement stating what you will bring to the post (no more than 2 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE & TIME By Wednesday 9th September 5pm
Note: Interviews will be held on: 22nd and 23rd September 2020 please indicate if you are unable to make one or both of those dates.